Friday, 29 April 2011
Actually i'm just so excited to see her dress and watch Kitty see a real princess (to be) getting married. I remember my parents having a party for Charles and Diana and my sister and i were dressed in red and blue with hats and flags all over the house. Later today we are off to a street party. Shame i can't drink because this game has been doing the email rounds today and would have been a hilarious game to play...
Oh the British humour...
1. If the Queen is on the screen you must be drinking. The woman has ruled the country for over 50 years, the least you can do is get destroyed in her honour.
2. Any time Prince Harry appears all players must produce a Nazi salute. The last player to do so must consume 5 fingers/mouthfuls for their poor reactions.
3. If Elton John is spotted the last person to shout "Candle in the Wind" must drink 5.
4. Any time parallels are drawn to the Diana and Charles wedding (or any previous Royal Wedding for that matter), by commentators or otherwise, all players must consume 3 fingers/mouthfuls of their drink.
5.We're British (or shall assume the role for the day), which means we're a simple folk who enjoy comforts such as bacon and beer. With this in mind then, what better way to greet our anthem than with a hearty chug. As a result when the National Anthem is playing, everyone must be stood up and drinking.
6. William will one day become king of this fine country, a fact that needs to be celebrated no? Every time the word "future" is said, in the mentioned context or not, an amount no less than 1 finger must be added to the "Future Kings Cup" by any player. This should then go in a clockwise direction from the first player to do so everytime future is mentioned, to ensure the cup has a good mix of drinks.
7. And following on from Rule 6, the last person to shout "God save the future King!" upon the proclamation of "I now pronounce you man and wife" has to down the Future King's Cup. I fear for those that are last here, I really do.
8. Prince Phillip has found a warm place in many of our hearts, his "Racist Grandad" appeal simply too hard too dislike. As a result, whenever he is shown independant of the Queen (to avoid complications with rule 1), the last player to shout "Bloody Foreigners" must drink 3 fingers. Penalties can be awarded for anyone who makes no attempt to imitate his accent.
9. Prime Ministers never tend to be popular, but our current one is hated even by those standards. So to allow you all to "stick it to da man" whenever our fearless leader David Cameron appears on screen, the first player to shout tosser is allowed to come up with a rule of their own. Enjoy your one chance at tyranny!
10.Whenever the union flag appears on screen, the first to shout "rule brittania" is bestowed with the honor of delegating four measures however they see fit, one for each nation of the UK. This can either be to single player, or spread amongst them. Make sure our great flag is honoured with the drinking it deserves!
No.8 is my favourite!