Tuesday 30 August 2011

Someone cut her own hair...

Don't ask. I think it must be a rites of passage for little girls.

At home. One week before she starts school. Where you kinda need it tied back. She had a beautiful haircut. I had a colour. While the hairdresser washed off my colour, she played 'hairdresser' with the scissors. Oh dear. Another few trims later and it's bearable. Can just scrape it into bunches with a few clips holding up the short bits. Could be worse!

Well you can hardly be annoyed at a 4 year old over their hair. What kind of message would that give. You are only pretty/beautiful/nice or mummy's only happy when you have a certain hairstyle? She seems to be pleased with herself anyway.

Notice the difference?


4 comments:

Satrupa said...

OMG .... Well I truly love the innocence. And she is a beautiful kid ... with or without hair.LOL

Paupeeh said...

Oh my! When I was little, I did this too. I cut my own hair too, thinking it would be just easy and I was curious if I could do it. I did little bangs, thinking of Cleopatra's.. but mine ended up too short.. Oops! Haha. I had to suffer clipping it to the side with bobby pins. A few years later, my sister turned 6.. she did it too! Lol.

Noosh said...

That's hilarious! I like her. And the hair looks fine! x

KERRY said...

My daughter Maisie did just the same at the same age. I’d cut a sweet fringe into here hair the day before and the next morning, she came into my room and said “Mummy, I cut my fringe off” Months of clips and comb-overs! Your daughter looks lovely, so a good save :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails